Your First Appointment
Prior to your first appointment, we need to know a little about you so there are a couple of things you should know and do in advance:
- Download and print our new patient registration and health history forms.
- Complete that paperwork before your appointment and bring them to your first appointment. If you do not have access to a computer, please arrive 20 minutes prior to your first appointment to complete the forms in our office. You will not be seen without completed forms.
During your initial visit, Dr. Chudik and his staff will take a detailed history and perform a physical exam to document your injury and any casual factors to establish a definitive diagnosis. You may be asked to have additional tests such as an X-ray or magnetic resonance image (MRI) to aid in the diagnosis. For your convenience, Dr. Chudik’s Shoulder and Knee Injury Clinic in Westmont, Illinois, has an onsite high-field MRI and an X-ray suite.
Also, please make sure to bring the following items to your appointment:
- Driver’s license
- Any medical documents (office/hospital notes, operative reports, progress reports, lab reports, etc.) associated with your orthopaedic past.
- Any X-rays, MRI, CT, or other radiologic studies that apply to the orthopaedic condition for which you are being seen (Bring the actual films or computerized images on a disc, not just the reports).
- A complete list of all medications you currently take—prescription, over-the-counter, supplements and vitamins.
- Dress in comfortable clothes that allow access to your injured extremity or, you will be required to change into an exam gown/shorts.
Patients arriving late to their appointment may need to be rescheduled to avoid inconveniencing other scheduled patients.